Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Debbie Does Kid Clothes (Photostory)

I wanted to put out a kid line of clothes for over two years now.  Well, it's finally going to happen.  Poor Lena is swamped with Prettie Girl and grandma clothes, so I offered the job to Debbie, our other resident designer.  She was all too happy to take on the job.  She decided to get her feet wet by taking on a local custom job.

"I still have one more client to meet, and then I can leave.  (pause)  No, I have to swing by and pick up Kathryn from soccer, first...unless you want to do it?  (pause)  "  (Debbie to her husband Dr. Shephard)

"I guess I will have to reschedule my nail appointment.  You are going to owe me for this, honey.  (pause)  I got to go, my client is here."  (Debbie ends the conversation and hangs up her cell phone)

"Well hello Tony.  I was expecting Antoinette."  (Debbie)

"Hey Debbie.  Antoinette had to work late today, so I'm filling in."  (Tony)
"What a good husband you are.  Come in and have a seat."  (Debbie)

"Hello Zahara.  That's a pretty dress you have on today."  (Debbie)

"It's my Tigger dress."  (Zahara)
"I see.  Very pretty."  (Debbie) 

"Are those mine?"  (Zahara)
"Yes, they are.  Let me show them to you."  (Debbie)

"I like the yellow ones.  That's my favorite color."  (Zahara)
"Well we will let you try those on first."  (Debbie)
Debbie grabs all five pair of pants before sitting down.

"Here are the yellow ones.  Do you need help trying them on?"  (Debbie)
"No.  I can do it."  (Zahara)
Zahara, with the help of her dad, undresses, then puts on the yellow pants.

"Oooh Zahara.  Those are pretty."  (Tony)

"Look Dad, they match my shoes."  (Zahara)
"Yes, they do.  You even have room to grow in these pants."  (Tony)

"Can I try on the ones with the dots, next?"  (Zahara)
"Sure.  Here you go."  (Debbie)
Doesn't take long for Zahara to kick off her shoes and the yellow pants and put on the blue and white polka dotted pair.

"Oooh, they're so pretty!  (Zahara repeating what Tony had previously said)
"Stand up.  Let me see."  (Tony)

"Your mom is going to love this pair."  (Tony)
"Why?"  (Zahara)
"She loves polka dots."  (Tony)
Zahara continues trying on the rest of the pants. 

Next up is the blue striped pair.

Zahara admires herself in the mirror. 
"Okay, that's enough primping.  I'm sure Ms. Debbie would like to go home today."  (Tony)

"Oh goodness.  Zahara in jeans.  I think that's your first pair of jeans."  (Tony)
"I had to twist Antoinette's arm on the jeans."  (Debbie)
"I'm sure."  (Tony, chuckling)

"I like jeans, Daddy."  (Zahara)
"Okay.  Let's go, you have one more pair to go."  (Tony)

The final pair are purple knit pants that Antoinette order specifically for the comfort of play time.
"Debbie you did a great job.  My wife will be pleased."  (Tony)
"I'm glad you like them.  I'll pack them up for you."  (Debbie)
Zahara tears herself away from the mirror and puts her dress back on.  She is on cloud nine.

"So what do I owe you?"  (Tony) 

"Nothing.  Antoinette pre-paid."  (Debbie)
"Well this day just got better."  (Tony)

"Thanks again."  (Tony)

"Tell Antoinette that I will be starting the other part of her order next week."  (Debbie)
"She ordered more?  That woman."  (Tony)
"Ooops.  Maybe I was supposed to keep that a secret."  (Debbie)

"Daddy, can I carry the bag?"  (Zahara)
"You sure can." (Tony)

Tony and Zahara say their goodbyes and head out.

Nothing like a happy little fashionista.

So it's true.  I will be selling clothes for the little ones soon.  I already have multiple pairs of each type of pant shown.  I discovered tonight that these pants only fit the SIS dolls.  The Chelsea dolls are a tad bigger.  So I need to make some for that size as well.  Debbie will be working on tops next. 


CRAFT ROOM UPDATE

If you read my last post, you know that I am finally re-doing my craft room.  I made a little more progress.


I installed an L-shape desk at one end of the room.  It will be used for sewing and for making my polymer clay food.  

And here is the bird's eye view.  Once I move the stuff from the middle of the room, I will probably put a counter height workstation in the middle.  On the right wall are three bookcases that will stay. 

35 comments:

  1. Those pants are the cutest things. I like the polka dotted ones myself also. Your craft room is coming together. I should do so spring cleaning but my lazy bone acting up lol. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doll Crazy - I'm a polka dot fan, too. Especially on little kids. I've heard of the funny bone before. Never heard of the lazy bone. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Those pants are adorable! I'm especially eyeballing the jeans.

    Your craft room is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Thanks. I really made those jeans for the boys, but I guess I'll let Zahara use them. My bedroom is excited about the craft room. I think it thinks I won't be sewing in the bedroom any more. It may be in for a rude awakening.

      Delete
  3. Adorable pants! They're so much fun to make, aren't they? My poor dolls now have a zillion pairs of pants and no shirts to go with them (not that the boys complain).

    I like your craft room setup. One of these days, when I live in a house that doesn't have radiators against the walls, I want to do something similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah Sequins - Thanks! Pants always look so cute in this small scale. I'm more excited about creating the tops and dresses. That's were I can get real creative. I'm waiting for the velcro to arrive to get started. Just curious, what state do you live in? I know NY has floor radiators.

      Delete
  4. First of all, I love the pants you made for Zahara. I think the polka dot ones are my favorite. You are making great progress on your room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - Thanks. What is it about polka dots? I, too, am a fan of polka dots. I'm excited about how quickly the room is coming together. Hopefully before the weekend is over, I will have at least cleared out the middle.

      Delete
  5. The pants look good. I'm looking forward to seeing the tops.

    The craft room is starting to look organized. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I was thinking those pants would look great on Julian! I have needed some pants for him and the new little Darren guy. They are SO skinny. I will have to check out your store!! The outfits are so cute! I was thinking that some Winnie the pooh or disney outfits would look cute on these little guys the other day, you're reading my mind. OUtstanding sewing, you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - Thanks. I will be making more pants for the boys. The jeans will look good on him. These will not fit the new Darren guy. He has the slightly bigger Chelsea body. Mattel doesn't make anything easy.

      Delete
  7. Great job on the pants. I love sewing for my dolls although I have sewn any for my little girls. I've crocheted a few things for them but I guess now I"ll have to sew something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KMQ - Thanks. I'm sure your little girls would love some sewn outfits. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

      Delete
  8. Pants for the little ones! So cute.

    Excellent craft room progress... keep on a'pluggin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smaller Places - Little kids need clothes, too. Lol. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  9. que ideal a la peque le queda estupendooo los modelitosss cuales sean, besosss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from Spain: I love Debbie. Zahara wearing a fabulous dress. Lovely dress. The pants are all very trendy. A little fashionista. I like a lot. Congratulations. Your room is fabulous. Very spacious and tidy. Great job. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Debbie is a nice doll. I bought that dress off of ebay, but I will be making her some more little dresses and other outfits.

      Delete
  11. Love those pants, and the craft room is looking good....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vanessa, it is hard enough to sew in 1/6 scale....but 1/6 scale kids is too much! you did a great job and I love the patterns you choose.
    Your room is coming beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. billa's dolls - Thanks! I enjoy the challenge of sewing for the little ones.

      Delete
  13. The craft room is coming along quiet nicely. I must say shame on me for not finishing up my doll clothes!! I really do need to get back on track, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brini - Shame on you! But I'm sure you will get back to those doll clothes soon enough. Don't stress yourself out about it.

      Delete
  14. Great pants and your craft room looks very tidy. Looking forward to seeing the creative projects that come out of there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Thanks. I'm anxious to get the room finished so I can start creating some new stuff.

      Delete
  15. Too cute! Wow, I can't imagine the passion you have for those teeny tiny things! Congrats on the new line, darling! Let's continue to make lovely things and give everyone a reason to smiles :) You know, I'm with you in this journey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shasha - Thanks. I love teeny tiny things. Lol! Did you see the smile on Zahara's face? She is a happy camper.

      It's not hard to leave the craft room yet. I imagine it will be once I get it all done. I haven't actually done any creating in it yet. I have another sewing machine in my bedroom, which is where I created all these teeny tiny things. Lol.

      Delete
  16. And your craft room, sigh I can only dream hahahha.... I'm sure it can be hard to leave the place even for a meal... It's so conducive to creating - lots of natural light, spacious room, very practical shelves... Very inspiring, Vanessa! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pants are all adorable! I can't pick a favorite.

    Your craft room looks great! I'm living vicariously through you. Lol! Mine has been a work in progress for years. Keep up the great work. You are truly inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks! If you need me to come over and inspire you up close and personal, let me know. Lol.

      Delete
  18. Very nice update! And Zahara looks so cute trying on her pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Thanks. She's the typical little girl who loves new clothes. I'm thinking about starting on shirts and dresses today. But not getting Roberta's house completed yesterday has put me behind schedule.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...