Sunday, July 13, 2014

Adele Worries About Her Students (Photostory)

This is a new story with recycled pictures.  Let's pretend Adele is dressed in the same outfit throughout. 

"You ready to go?"  (Mike)
"Yes.  Let me grab my bag."  (Adele)

"Hi munchkin.  Did you have fun at daycare?"  (Adele)
"Okay.  Let me grab my bag.  I have to stop by the restroom.  Then we can go."  (Adele) 

After a pit stop and a few goodbyes to other staff members, Mike and Adele make it to the car.
"Honey, do you want to stop and pick up something for dinner?  Unless you want to eat the leftover lasagna."  (Adele)
"Let's do the lasagna.  I'm not really in the mood to eat out."  (Mike)

"So how was your day?"  (Adele)
"It was okay.  I finally scheduled a meeting with the retired players."  (Mike)
"Do you think they will be on-board with your plans?"  (Adele)
"We will know soon enough."  (Mike)

"Mommy.  Mommy.  I want to eat."  (Sydney)
"We're almost home.  Drink your juice.  I'll get you something to eat real soon."  (Adele)

 The Jordan's arrive home shortly.  Adele makes a beeline to the kitchen where she heats up the lasagna, throws together a quick salad, and makes fresh garlic bread.  The family sits down and enjoys their dinner.
 
Afterwards, they relax in the living room.  Mike grabs the paper and Adele starts looking over some notes from school.  The more Adele reads, the more frustrated she becomes.  She even starts talking to herself.

"Are you okay over there?"  (Mike)

"Actually, I'm not.  Honey, it has become so frustrating trying to teach the kids simple English.  In this crazy world of social media, it's virtually impossible to teach the kids proper grammar.  You know in social media, anything goes. Unfortunately, the kids don't understand the real world doesn't operate that way.  Of course, I can't blame them.  That's the world we live in.  I'm hearing similar issues with the other teachers."  (Adele)

"It's not just the kids.  I think that's becoming an issue with adults, too.  Death by social media."  (Mike chuckles)
"Honey, it's not funny.  The more technology comes into play, the dumber we get.  Can you imagine what we are going to be dealing with once Sydney starts going to school?"  (Adele)
"It will be challenging, but with you as her mother, I think she will be okay."  (Mike)

"I sure hope so.  But now that I've gotten back into teaching, I am so worried for our kids."  (Adele)
Sydney comes over and Adele plays with her for a bit.
"Well, honey, I'm going to put Sydney to bed, and then I'm going to take a bath and go to bed.  Go give Daddy a good night kiss."  (Adele)
Mike scoops Sydney up into his arms and plants mini kisses all over her face.  She starts giggling at first, then she starts laughing as she tries to get away from Mike.  
"Good night my little princess.  I love you." (Mike)

After an hour of bathing and reading bedtime stories to Sydney, Adele is finally able to relax in a soothing bubble bath.  This is one of her favorite things to do.  She loves the feel of the hot water all over her body.  She would love to clear her mind and think of nothing, but her thoughts drift back to her school kids.

John Legend is playing softly in the background.  Adele sinks a little lower in the tub and takes a few deep breaths.  She hears fiddling with the door and knows that Mike is about to enter.  She smiles at the idea.      

Mike enters with a bottle of wine and two glasses.
"I thought you might enjoy a glass of wine."  (Mike)
"That's awfully sweet of you."  (Adele)
Mike hands Adele a glass of wine, then he takes a seat on the edge of the tub.  The two of them relax and talk as they continue to listen to John Legend.  After two glasses of wine, Adele decides to get out of the tub.  Mike happily dries her off, then leads her to the bedroom.   

After a hot bath, good wine, and soothing music, Adele literally falls into bed.  Mike isn't far behind.  He climbs into bed next to Adele and wraps his arms around her.  He kisses her gently on he lips.  The lack of response lets him know that she is fast asleep.

30 comments:

  1. Aww, I dunno why, but I thought the bathroom scene was really sweet. I like that he thought of her and wasn't all trying to jump her bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Mike may have briefly thought about jumping her bones, but he really did put her needs (wine and sleep) before his own.

      Delete
  2. IM HOOKED! LoVE lOVE lOVE THIS BLOG!!!! O AND MIKE IS TOOO HANDSOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doll Party - Thanks! My Mike character is one of my favorites. I love how they did his sculpt.

      Delete
  3. Pretty nice story for using recycled pics! I get what she is saying -- social media speak is definitely changing things and the way kids write and speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis - Thanks. It's kind of fun searching through old pictures and trying to create new stories.

      Delete
  4. Unfortunately, Adele has great cause for concern with the spillover of abbreviated words and phonetic spelling from social media to areas where this practice is not acceptable.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - I really feel for both our teachers and students. It is a serious problem. Poorly written grammar is one of my biggest pet peeves. My 15 yr old granddaughter is the queen of cryptic writing, I explained to her, if I didn't know her, and I saw her writing, I would question her intelligence. And if I were looking to hire someone, she would not even be considered, based on her writing alone.

      Delete
  5. peasle stop making photostories with old secnes it gets boring i want new secnes with new people in it can you plz do that ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby - Due to my health issues, I can't do new too many new pictures. So if you are bored, you might want to just check back in September. That is when I will hopefully be back on my feet and doing lots of new things with my dolls. So we will see you in a couple of months.

      Delete
  6. Tell Adele that as a fellow teacher, I can relate to her frustration. I really like this family. You've got me considering that MJ head sculpt. What body is he on? Oh and I found a different version of Sydney at Tuesday Morning a couple of weeks ago for only $1- talk about a deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jewell - I feel for you. You teachers have it tough. I highly recommend you adding MJ. They have a newer version that is an even better sculpt. I have MJ on a Triad body, but I don't recommend it. There's another body I use called an XTI body. Congrats on finding Sydney for such a great deal.

      Delete
  7. Hello from Spain: I like the photo sequence. Great message. New technologies change the way we write and think young. Young people are impressionable. In my country there is much controversy because young people write with too many spelling mistakes because of mobile messages. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Thanks for visiting. You would think new technology would help us do better. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen.

      Delete
  8. Hey Vanessa, i have been reading all of your posts and i hope you're feeling better! I love these recycled photo stories, this has to be one of my favorites!
    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, seems like me and Adele are living the same life, lol! Love the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brini - Hmmm. I hope your MJ is treating you as well as this MJ is treating Adele. And for the record, I'm jealous. LOL!

      Delete
  10. We don't have to pretend she's wearing the same outfit because maybe she brought different clothes with her according to comfort level and weather. ;) LOL! Kind of like how you bring flats in case you want to kick off your heels or dress in layers when going in between to extreme temperatures.

    That picture of her kissing her baby girl is so cute! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire how you show affection by Adele's hand on the back of Mike's head in the car or how Mike looks up from his newspaper to check on Adele. The bathroom scene though was my favorite. Good to see love shown by NOT pushing sex when someone is tired ;-)

    Thanks for the new story. You have so much stuff you share, I cannot imagine ever getting bored on your site.

    Old Joe sends his love. (He is certain that that will cheer you. Oh the conceit of that fellow!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Thanks. This is one of my favorite couples. I love seeing them together. Give Joe a big hug for me. He always makes me smile.

      Delete
  12. I was laughing at the end. At the turn of the doorknob, I thought - give her a break Mike she's trying to relax and take a bath. But he bought wine so that was nice. My husband would come in to gawk and then ask how much longer I was staying in the tub. Then I'd have to tell him I was hot and to move over if he tried to get that close to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - You haven't bought that fan yet? lol! I'm so glad I'm over that. I can curl up with my man and stay that way most of the night. At least I will be able to once I don't have to stay on my back because of this stupid leg.

      Delete
  13. Bonjour Vanessa, cela fait longtemps que je ne suis pas venue sur ton blog. Je suis contente de toujours de voir tes magnifiques histoires,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shasarignis - Merci de votre visite, à nouveau. Cette robe noir et blanc a été faite par AtelierShasha. Voici un lien vers sa boutique Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/shop/AtelierniShasha

      Delete
  14. J'aime beaucoup la première robe à rayures noires et blanches. Est-ce que tu l'as faite ???

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!!! Your so talented, mike is so sweet not just trying to get his wife in bed with him and putting her needs before his, he's so sweet to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juanita - Thanks. I'm happy to see you are enjoying the stories.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...