Thursday, June 27, 2013

Time For Some Gifts (Photostory)

After the games, the ladies got a chance to get some refreshments and go to the bathroom.  It also gave Camille a chance to get things ready for Kendra's husband, Nathaniel, to join them.  She brought in an extra rocking chair and now it's time to open the gifts!

"Well ladies in a minute we will start opening the gifts.  We are just waiting for Nathaniel to arrive.  Speak of the devil..."  (Camille)

"I'm here."  (Nate)
"Well bring your handsome self on up here."  (Camille)

"Is that my nephew with you?"  (Camille)
"Yes, I brought support.  I didn't think I could handle being here alone."  (Nate)

Nikki and a few of the other ladies  immediately turn around to see who is coming through the doors.  She's surprised and happy to see Darius.  

"Did you ladies hear that?  He's scared to be here alone with us, so he brought backup.  Men can be such wimps."  (Camille)
*Ladies laughing*

Nataniel makes his way to the front.   So many ladies, he has to squeeze through.  Racquel spots Terrance and smiles.  She didn't know her honey was coming.

"Well hello.  How are you feeling?"  (Nathaniel)
"Hi sweetie.  I'm feeling great.  We've been having a good time.  I'm glad you're here."  (Kendra)
"I'm glad I'm here, too."  (Nathaniel)

Nikki gets up to go greet Darius.

Camille gives everyone time to get settled.  A couple more chairs are brought in to accommodate Darius and Terrance.

Time for the gifts!  Jacquelyn is in charge of bringing the gifts to the front. 

Grace is in charge of keeping track of who gave what gift.  A little tougher to do with a sleeping child.

"Look at you, looking all cute."  (Camille)

"Mom, you are embarrassing me.  Stop."  (Jacquelyn)

Nathaniel wastes no time opening up the gifts.  He's already on the second gift, which is a red baby carrier.

Jacquelyn quickly brings the next two gifts.

It's a cute little knitted outfit.
"Awww, this is so adorable.  Thank you, Racquel."  (Kendra)

Moving on....

The next gift is a baby monitor set.  
"So the baby will be able to hear what's going on in our bedroom?"  (Nate trying to be funny)
Kendra just shoots him a look.
"Thanks Tina.  We love it."  (Kendra)

The next gift is a baby blanket and hooded baby towel gifted by India.

"Let me help you with that."  (Nate)

Kendra shows the diaper cake to the crowd.
"Isn't it cute?  Thanks, Jacquelyn."  (Kendra)

Next gift, is crib bedding.  Again Kendra holds it up for the ladies to see. 
"Thanks, Vanessa.  I love the colors."  (Kendra)

Jacquelyn returns with a gift basket.

"I'll take it."  (Kendra)

"Awww, look at the cute giraffe.  This will all come in handy.  Thanks, Valerie."  (Kendra)

She holds it up for the crowd.

"Another basket?  Here honey, take this."  (Kendra)

"This one is much different."  (Jacquelyn)

"Now this is my kind of basket.  I will need all of this after giving birth."  (Kendra)

"See, it's a spa basket full of stuff to pamper me.  Nine months of no wine.  I'm looking forward to popping this cork.  Thanks, Robin."  (Kendra)

Kendra and Nate continue to open the rest of the gifts.  They received some larger gifts, a high chair, a playpen, and a baby swing, from Camille, Jackie, and Jordan.  Afterwards, Kendra says a few words of thanks.

"Nathaniel and I would like to thank everyone for coming out and sharing in our joy.  We can't thank you enough for all the love and support you have shown, not only today, but throughout my pregnancy.  To aunt Camille and all my wonderful cousins, thanks for throwing this beautiful baby shower.  Everything was perfect."  (Kendra)

"And on that note, good night everyone, and thanks again for coming."  (Kendra)

Here's a closer look at the spa basket I made for Kendra.  There is a bottle of wine, slippers, a loofah, a pedicure set, bath salts and a few other goodies.   I made both the baskets, the diaper cake, and the crib bedding.  

Epilogue
So technically that concludes our baby shower.  I'm awfully happy it is over.  Everyone seemed to have a good time.  I hope you enjoyed it as well.  I plan to put the whole thing in a video, soon.  My YouTube followers are anxious for a new video. Now I have to go get ready for a camping trip.  These dolls are running me ragged.

32 comments:

  1. Wow, lucky Kendra! That spa basket is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connor - Thanks. She is feeling pretty lucky at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Love the spa basket and enjoyed the unwrapping of the gifts.

    Your dolls have such great times. It's always fun to drop in and see their lives unfold. Thanks for taking the time and effort to share these stories. They bring smiles and grins to my face ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Always have to make you smile. Thanks for partaking in my dolly lives.

      Delete
  3. This story was great! I loved the baskets and the diaper cake, my favorite the spa basket, too :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary - Thanks. Kendra is definitely going to enjoy that spa basket!

      Delete
  4. I can always feel myself right there when you have functions. This was no different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmommy - We always enjoy having you here with us. Go get your backpack ready. We're going camping next.

      Delete
  5. And what a lovely shower it was! I'm sure Kendra is happy about all the gifts, although I think she is just about ready to give birth! And ,of course, it's always a pleasure to see Darius. Oh, and Nikki too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - Thanks, and thanks for coming. Hopefully she will be giving birth soon. She is ready for it to be over.

      Delete
  6. Hello from Spain: thanks for answering my questions with blogovin. I love shopping for baby gifts with giraffe. It's very real. Diaper cake also looks adorable me. The blankets, crib quilt ... everything is fabulous. Kendra is fortunate to receive many gifts for her baby. I love the maternity clothes she wears. You think in every detail. Great job. Nice pictures .. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - You are welcome. I would suggest doing Feedly, too, so you can see how they differ. I don't think Bloglovin' translates the post to different languages. Feedly does. Bloglovin' may fix that in the future. Thanks for coming to Kendra's baby shower. Believe it or not, that is a regular Barbie top. It just happened to make the perfect maternity top.

      Delete
  7. Ya know how sometimes you're watching a movie or reading a really good book and you are almost like.... hypnotized? Like it takes a second to get back to reality? Well, your stories will sometimes have that affect on me....this one did. And I love your humor too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie - Awww, that's such a great compliment. It makes all the work I put into these stories worth it.

      Delete
  8. I love that spa basket! I know Kendra will enjoy it too! You and I must be on the same wavelength. Some of the Moreville residents are contemplating going camping as well! LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - Thanks! The only reason why we are going camping is because of that great tent I found at the thrift store not too long ago. I am on a mission to use all the doll props I have. If I don't use that tent soon, I will forget I even have it. Look how long it took me to do a story about horses. Those horses have been here about a year. I'm looking forward to seeing your camping trip.

      Delete
    2. I know the feeling. I'm in the process of sorting through all my dolls, props etc. Just to see what I have. LOL I'm looking forward to your camping trip as well! :-)

      Delete
  9. Those baskets are awesome! You even put the little nesting straw in there. You sure do pay attention to details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Thanks! I just love this doll hobby. All the things I've ever wanted to do in real life, I just transfer to this doll life. A lot less work in doll size.

      Delete
  10. Great job Vanessa on this series. I loved it and I look forward to the video.

    See you soon, I have to get my camping gear ready. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks. Don't forget to bring your bug spray. The mosquitoes are killer this time of year.

      Delete
  11. Kendra and Nate received some really nice gifts. Where did you get the baby monitor?

    Darius is looking as fine as ever.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Thanks. That baby monitor came with the Gloria nursery. I just spray painted it white. Here is the link to the original post. It is turquoise in the picture and sitting on the floor.

      http://vansdolltreasures.blogspot.com/2013/06/gloria-nursery-and-bedroom-reviews.html

      Delete
  12. Those gifts are just too cute!! ... and I know Nikki was glad to see her man... but in the shot where she turned around to look... boy did she look annoyed, hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather - Thanks. LOL! Nikki has a way of always looking annoyed. She really was happy to see him.

      Delete
  13. Amazing!! Love all hte presents!! Specially spa basket!! You always surprise me with your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farbield - Thanks! I love putting in the element of surprise on occasion.

      Delete
  14. Looks like Kendra and Nate and the baby are well set up with beautiful presents. A great time was had by all. Camping next - sounds like fun although I must admit I'm sitting here with a roaring fire and a hot cup of tea while it is cold and foggy outside. It's a good thing dolly weather is different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - They were very happy with the gifts. Sounds like you are already in camping mode. Camping when it's cold outside is just as much fun.

      Delete
  15. Nice gifts they received, I guess they're all prepared for the baby arrival. And I loved the detail of the fountain (if I'm not mistaken) near the doorway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V. - Thanks. Yes, they are ready for the baby's arrival. I'm still trying to make them a decent baby. LOL. So they will have to hold off on those contractions. Yes, that is a fountain!

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...