Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Me and My Tyler


"Hey guys.  Vanessa, here.  Yes, I know.  You guys rarely get to see me and my family.  Hopefully that will change in the future.  As you can see, we are sitting here in an almost empty room.  I still can't seem to get myself a home, even with this new move to the basement.  You would think I would be the star player, but nooo.  Anyway, this post is about my son, Tyler.  Most of you have met him before.  Well, there is a real Tyler in my life, and I felt it was time you guys met him."

"Tyler, where's your shirt?  You shouldn't be walking around here like that.  You are going to catch a cold."  (Vanessa)

"It got wet when I was playing basketball."  (Tyler)
"Well after this post, please go find another shirt to put on." (Vanessa)

This is my Tyler 10 yrs ago, when I first met him.  I dated his father for two years, and since Tyler and his sister, lived with their father 85% of the time, I got really close to both kids.  Tyler was, and still is, my heart.  He is the only child that has ever called me 'mom'.  Be still my heart.  His dad and I stopped dating right before he turned 7.  Luckily, both his parents, recognized the special bond he and I had, and they made sure Tyler and I continued to see each other regularly.  His mom even started referring to me as his second mom.  

"Beautiful Surprise, by India Arie, is the song I used to sing to Tyler all the time when he was about 5.  I would dance around with him in my arms.  This will always be our song.

This is Tyler, now.  He is 14 yrs old and quite the athlete.  I don't think a year has gone by, since he was 5, where he wasn't playing sports year round.  Football, basketball, and baseball were his specialties.  He's always taken the lead position.  Quarterback in football.  Pitcher in baseball. And point guard in basketball.  On top of that, he is one of the sweetest kids I know.  I couldn't love him anymore if he was my flesh and blood.  Below are a few pictures he had on his tablet.  I was surprised at the little fashionista he has become.  Enjoy the fashion show.





Here he is after winning one of his many championships.  As usual, he is the one with the ball.  That's his father in the burgundy.  That will give you an idea of how tall Tyler is.

"So we hope you enjoyed our little tribute to my special man, Tyler.  As you can see, my daughter, Alicia, has joined us.  We hope to see you guys again soon.  I'm also hoping for one of those new Kara articulated bodies.  It would be nice to be able to hug my kids better."

17 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! And what a handsome young man! :) You can be be proud of him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto what Rosemary said. What a handsome young man, and this is such a sweet post. I love his fashion show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww sooooo sweet. i must say you have an handsome son! ur very llucky to have him in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for introducing us to your handsome and rather dapper son, Tyler. It is wonderful that you have maintained a close relationship.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed Tyler's fashion show. He's very handsome and quite the snappy dresser! It's good that the two of you have remained close over the years. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all make a splended family. After all we know that it is love that creates a family and more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes me so happy that you were able to maintain that relationship with him in spite of circumstances. He seems like a wonderful young man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Tyler is absolutely the fashionable guy!

    It's really so awesome that they recognized your bond... and I love seeing "Vanessa and the family" too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post, Vanessa. He really is an amazing young man and the bond you two share is unbreakable. Much love to you both. ~Matty

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a daper young gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from Spain: Vanessa is very pretty. Tyler is a very cute teen. I'm glad Tyler is like a son to you. It's a lovely story. Today Tyler is already a tall man and very attractive. You have a pretty real family and nice family in the doll world. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Note to all: Thanks for stopping by to check out my Tyler. He has been, and continues to be such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful story. I'm happy that you are able to continue the relationship with him. : )...so sweet!

    Tyler is a sharp and handsome young fellow. Thanks for introducing us to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both Tylers look charming. Nice to meet the real life inspiration for the Tyler doll. Very kind of him to grant a fashion show to us ;-D

    Good luck getting the articulated Janet body and the Kara body for the doll Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Oh, I'm not looking for an articulated body for Tyler. I have a few of the articulated Janet bodies and chose to leave him as is. Easier for him to stand by himself this way. P.S. He doesn't know I posted this. His father does, and he loved it.

      Delete
  15. It was so nice to meet both Tylers, the real one and the 1:6 one. What a beautiful story you've shared with us, very touching, it's so special that bond you both have created, and you and Tyler are very lucky to have each other that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - I'm so happy that you enjoyed meeting Tyler. He is a real sweetheart in real life and in doll life.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...