Thursday, June 28, 2012

Close Encounter at the Grocery Store

It's late afternoon on Monday, and Jordan's (the name of the grocery store) is quite busy.

Bruce (Shantavia's new beau) has stopped in to get a few things.

"Hello sir.  Did you find everything ok?"  (Deidre)
Deidre just recently started working here part time.  She still works at David's gym on the weekends.

"Yes, I did."  (Bruce)

"Lola, let's go get the ice cream."  (Donte)
Remember the Morettis?  Mom, Penelope owns the local bakery.  Unfortunately we didn't get to see the masterful wedding cake she made for Rod and Danielle.

"Are you going to help mommy pick some vegetables?"  (Penelope)

Stopping to quickly introduce this new family.  I don't know their last name and I don't know the mom's name yet.  The dad is Sean.  There's Shannon, 8 yrs old.  She's Nikaya's friend.  She's been seen on the basketball court and at the dance studio.  Tommy, 2 1/2 yrs old, and Sara Elizabeth, 8 mos, round out the family.  

Tommy has his cart and he is raring to go.

Oops, there goes Tommy!  Shannon has decided to ride on the back of the cart.  

"Sean, will you please keep up with Tommy?"  (Mom)
"I'm on it."  (Sean)

Bruce finishes checking out and heads out.  He doesn't even notice the guy and little girl that just entered.  He is tired from a long day and anxious to get home.  Jason and Jada have stopped by the store to pick up some milk and eggs that Lynn (his wife) needs.

"Daddy, daddy, it's Mr. Bruce!"  (Jada)
Bruce doesn't hear his name and continues out the door.

"Mr. Bruce?  Who is Mr. Bruce?"  (Jason)
"He's my friend."  (Jada)
"I'm sure that at 5 yrs old, you do not have a friend named Mr. Bruce."  (Jason)
"Uh huh, Daddy.  He comes over and plays with me."  (Jada)
Although Jada's comments are innocent enough, Jason is imagining all kinds of bad things.  He is anxious to  talk to Shantavia to see if she knows anything about this Mr. Bruce.

Donte has returned with the ice cream.  He mistakenly put Lola in the basket with Lanzo and I guess he wasn't happy about it.  Lanzo expresses his discontent by striking his sister. (I did not stage the fight between the twins.)
"Lanzo! Do not hit your sister."  (Dad)

"Can I get two of your pork loins?"  (Penelope)
"No problem."  (Manager)

Tommy is on the move.

"This one, Mommy?"  (Shannon)

"Yes.  We also need some butter."  (Mom)

"Lanzo, is that you causing all that ruckus?  (Mom)

How can you get mad at a face like that.  

"Did you find everything, sir?"  (Deidre)
"Yes, thanks."  (Jason)

"Daddy, can I get some candy?"  (Jada)

Jada has apparently spotted the lollipops so conveniently placed on the counter.  Most days she is able to charm her dad into giving her a treat.  Not today.  Jason's mind is on one thing.  Mr. Bruce 'playing with' his daughter.
"Not today, Jada.  We have to go."  (Jason)

"Well hello there, cutie."  (Deidre)
"Hi.  Do you have some candy?"  (Jada)
"Jada, we don't ask strangers for candy."  (Jason)
This quick trip to the grocery store has turned into an eye opening experience for Jason.  

The customers are steadily coming into the store.  There's Mia, the assistant from Chang Realty.  She has just picked up her daughter from the daycare and stopped in to get a few things for dinner.

Isn't her daughter the cutest?  I think this is a clone Kelly from one of the Dollar stores.  She and quite a few others were gifted to me primarily for the clothes, I think.  But when I saw this face, I fell in love.  She has cheeks for days.

So  Jordan's seems to be doing quite well.  There's been a couple of store fixture additions, and some rearranging since we last saw the store.  It will go through many  changes over the new couple of months.

Wanted to take a moment to show Deidre's skirt.  I finally opened up one of my LIV store displays.  The mannequin came with several pieces of material that could be used for various outfits.  I used one piece as a skirt and I was really pleased with it.  Who knew a big ol' rectangle of material could look so cute?

Of course in the back there's a lot of extra material.  This could be solved by sewing a straight stitch from top to bottom to make the rectangle smaller.

 Preview of what's to come:
There's a new sofa and chair on the way.  The sofa just needs throw pillows and I need to finish the chair.  It will be offered as a set for about a week and if it doesn't sell in that time, it will be separated and sold as separate pieces.

Airbrushing Bodies
Believe it or not, I pulled out and plugged in the airbrush today.  How long have I been wanting to do this?

Well stay tuned for an upcoming post to see how successful I am at making some darker skinned bodies. 


47 comments:

  1. Oh my!! Jason has a totally wrong idea. Hope that's all cleared up soon. Love diedre and her skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priya - Yes, Jason does have the wrong idea. Guess it's a good thing he's concerned, though. I'm happy to get Deidre back into the stories. I really like this doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! We went to a couple of stores with the kids this week, so this entire scene gave me flashbacks. Especially Lola and Lanzo fighting!

    Oooh, can't wait to see your airbrushing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vita Plastica - I couldn't believe how vicious Lanzo turned so quickly. Don't invade a 2 yr olds space. Oh yeah, I forgot about those terrible twos. Anything is liable to happen at that age.

      Delete
    2. I am a witness. I have three year old twin grand boys who are the toughest of all of my grandkids!
      The store looks great. I like this configuration.
      Looking forward to seeing how air brushing works.

      Delete
    3. Grandmommy - I forgot you had twin grands. That must be a lot of fun. Glad you like the store thus far. I can't wait to tone down some of the pink and purple. Now that I got the airbrush in operation, the sky is the limit.

      Delete
  4. Hello from Spain: Dreide is very pretty. I had not seen this doll. I'm in love with Bruce. I also like wearing that sweater. In Spain grocery stores also have many people on Monday as on Sunday the shops are closed. In your country stores open on Sunday? Long ago you were publishing not in your scenes with Lola and Penelope. They are adorable. Lola's dress is beautiful. I love the Barbie of the new family. This Basic is one of my favorite dolls. I love Tommy's car. I'll summarize: I love your store and all furnituree ... I love looking at all the details ... I am waiting to see your airbrushing... keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta - Deidre is the Brandy doll. Brandy was a popular Rhythm and Blues (R&B) singer her in the states back some years ago. The doll looks just like her. Our grocery stores are open on Sunday. We have quite a few that are open 24 hours a day. Our Super Walmarts and Super Targets sell groceries, too. Glad you enjoyed the story and the details.

      Delete
  5. Im excited to see your airbrushing I've been wanting to do that for awhile now! Great story!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. justJay - I am enjoying the airbrushing. It's going to take some trial and error to get the body colors right, but I'm looking forward to it now that I've started.

      Delete
  6. You could probably use another grocery store in town if it is going to be this busy. Can't wait to see how you do with your airbrushing! Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frannie - If Racquel heard you say that she would probably give you a tongue lashing. She's still trying to find space for her new shop and retail space is very limited. I've gotten one body just about done. So far so okay. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Hmm, Mia's daughter reminds me of Sheri (or Polinka in Russian version). It's a doll, which is sold here in Russia, but we have only pale versions with blond and brown hair and blue eyes. It would be nice to have a tanned doll. There are also boys with the same eye and hair colors.
    Here is the thread about Sheri dolls on DollPlanet: http://www.forum.dollplanet.ru/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=33450

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dukasha - You are right. It does look like the same family of dolls. I have an extra tan one. Email me your address, vanessamorrison68@gmail.com, and I will ship her to you. She may come nude though.

      Delete
    2. It would be great, thanks. It seems, nobody among Russian doll collectors knows about the tanned dolls with the same face. Though it's a typical situation here, for we often get only caucasian versions of the dolls, which exist in AA versions too. For example Paula/Polina dolls (here is the thread: http://www.forum.dollplanet.ru/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=32916) are well known in Russia and there are many of them in every big toy store, but almost nobody here knows about the AA Paula dolls. And they do exist, I bought several of them on eBay some years ago. Or High School Musical dolls. We had many Gabriella and Sharpay dolls here recently and also had some Troy dolls, but nobody in Russia saw Chad or Taylor dolls in our stores. Oh Ty lil' ones... We now have three of them in Russia: two blond dolls and the red-headed one. No AA dolls, no brown-haired or any other dolls... Or Power Team guys. There are absolutely no AA versions here. Well, it's all not a problem, when it's possible to find AA versions on eBay, but not all of them are available there.
      And do you have caucasian Sheri dolls? You seem to love their faces, so I can also send you a couple of caucasian dolls if you need them.

      Delete
    3. Dukasha - I am always in shock when I hear the plight of AA dolls around the world. I have some Paula dolls, too, mainly the White ones. I received about 12 of the Sheri dolls, so I have plenty. Thanks for offering, though.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad that Jason is showing some concern, but hopefully he gets things sorted out so that he's not worried for too long. Poor guy.
    All of the kids are adorable. I especially love Tommy's little cart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alura - Yeah, it's tough being a parent. Doubly tough when you aren't with your children every day. Tommy was having a good time with his car.

      Delete
  9. Poor Jason! He must be freaking out so much in his mind. The kids look so precious! I guess it's time to break out all the kids I got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - I'm trying to get to the older kid, but these little crumb snatchers keep getting my attention.

      Delete
  10. Deidre looks like Brandi in the last face forward shot. I'm getting ready to back track to see when Jada has seen Mr. Bruce since you left me hanging.
    :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Deidre is the Brandy doll. There were several versions of her when they came out. I think I have three of them. You will not find a specific post of Mr. Bruce playing with Jada. It is inferred when he goes to see Shantavia and asks where's his buddy? There's a lot that happens in Morristown that I never even tell you guys about. There are scenes that I set up and never show. For instance I set up the whole ski lodge with Darius, Nikki, Kendra and Nate, but never showed the story.

      Delete
    2. Well I would have ignored the what's her face one ;-) How come Darius couldn't be at the grocery store by himself?

      Delete
    3. Kenya - I thought about having Darius in the grocery store by himself, but then thought that is not so realistic. Don't worry. I will get him in a story soon without Nikki.

      Delete
  11. Jordan should be very happy that her business is doing so well. Your men are to die for I need to spend some time man hunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mustiwait - Jordan is happy. She is on to her next venture. The ladies are very happy with the men around town.

      Delete
  12. Now if any business was needing expansion, it's the grocery store. Someone is going to call code enforcement because it's at capacity. I love the hustle and bustle of it all and how you can tell multiple stories within a tight space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Racquel read your note and if looks could kill. I have a Ms. PacMan brain. In order to be good at Ms. Pacman, you have to see what's going on all over the board and react to it before it happens. That's how I can tell multiple stories.

      Delete
  13. I love Jada's outfit. That's the brightest outfit I have seen in a good while. Cute!

    Jason's concern for his daughter is touching. Glad that it isn't for anything serious. Whew! That's a relief.

    Lola and Lanzo are incredibly cute, too. I love seeing your tots; I smile to see them up to their mini jinx.

    Looking forward to seeing your airbrushed bodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Jada is wearing pieces from one of the Fashion Ave outfits I got for a steal last year. You can see the whole ensemble here. http://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Outfit-Fashion-Avenue-Mattel/dp/B001PLJ8H4. The Morristown tots keep me smiling.

      Delete
  14. Love the realism of Morristown! Also, can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matty - The folks in Morristown are starting to think they are real. I wonder what goes on when I'm not looking.

      Delete
  15. New mom looks like a Shelley.

    Jason, I need one. Is he a WPK, if not, who made him?

    Love the new sofa.

    Air brushing, sounds like fun. Can't wait to see the finished products.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Shelley is the Mattel name of the new Kelly dolls, so I think I named my blond Shelley doll Shelley.

      Jason is WPK.

      I have one body 99% done. My Basic Model #4 will finally be able to move. It's not a perfect match. That will take more than just my first try. But I am soooo excited to know I will never have to be concerned about tracking down a good body match. That airbrush will be permanently setup somewhere for easy access.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info on "Jason." I missed out on one that was on eBay this week.

      So cool that you won't ever have to worry about good body matches. And how long have you had the air brush?

      :-)

      dbg

      Delete
    3. DBG - I always forget to check ebay for WPKs. I just posted the first airbrush results. I've had my set since 2005. It really should have been out and used a long time ago.

      Delete
  16. Too sweet watching all these families and their sons! So realistic! Jason would strongly agree with my father. They have the typical father mentality of thinking mistakenly the worst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio - Glad you are enjoying the stories. I think in Jason's case, he is rightfully concerned. Hopefully he will approach it in a calm manner and not lose his cool.

      Delete
  17. I would choose Jordan's for my shopping... it looks great!!! Love the way you mixed so many families in a not so large space, and they fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosseti - Come on over and shop. I know it looks crowded, but there is plenty of space.

      Delete
  18. Lanzo looks like Donte in the eyes! Very cute story. I think the store is busy but I just think it was the time of day. I sure there is time for a doll to restock shelves and other such things. There does need to be rotisserie chicken! You know that is the "go to" for busy families! I know you have a chicken or two there!It makes a great chicken salad! mmmmm! Oh,I'm sorry back to the store. I kinda like the pink and purple. It looks family friendly. I like the lolly pops. It the candy bars that get me at the market. mmm...chocolate! I was thinking of the lotto tickets too! Anyway, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ms. Leo - Lanzo definitely resembles his dad. They both have that dark hair, blue eyed thing going. Im with you on the rotisserie chicken. Every grocery store needs those. And donuts and bagels! I already have those here. Need to get them to the store. If we are not careful, we will have to expand like Muff suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great story! The grocery store is nice and busy. I'm sure Jordan is pleased with that, cha-ching. ;)

    Sigh, I've been wanting that 007 guy forever. I think once I get Sabrina's husband ordered (Dorian) Mr. 007 will conclude my list. He's a find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - Thanks. Jordan is very pleased. We will get to see her soon. I had to get 007 back in the stories with his handsome self. I really like their little family.

      Delete
  21. Omg I have Mia's daughter in the exact same outfit. In my doll family her name is Sanya. She is the daughter of a Latina fashionista, Nicki, and a Latino Power Team action figure, Miguel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iluvdolls - Isn't she a cutie? I'm glad to hear she is part of your doll families. Funny, I was going to name one of my Power Team guys, Miguel, but I didn't. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  22. You are welcome I'm so glad I've found this blog and the videos. I watched them all in one day to get caught up and I ohhhed and ahhhed during them all. I think I had just about every doll that you have presented as a girl. I threw them away when I got "too grown" for them, but your creativity shows that you're never too old for Barbie!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...