Friday, June 22, 2012

The Bridal Suite Tour

I'm too tired to do the story today, but I will at least show you the bridal suite so far.  I'll add a couple things before I do the story.


A couple of the ladies decorated the bridal suite.  They added the same type flowers from the wedding ceremony.

What's a honeymoon without rose petals?



A little wine, scones and fruit.  I made the grapes and watermelon.  The scones are Rement.

Now to the bathroom....I need to add a few more accessories.

Remember when I blogged about the white ceramic pieces I found at TJMaxx in the clearance section?  Well Kenya, a lover of Darius, hater of Nikki, non doll follower, said they reminded her of a sink.

Well Kenya, your wish is my command.  This is the top turned over and lodged into a piece of foamcore sitting on top of my favorite little cabinet.  Which used to be a Barbie sink.  I still have the Barbie sink portion.  I'm not sure what the sink fixture is.  It just happened to be sitting nearby.

I made the shower at least 6 yrs ago and this is my first time using it.  It is completely tiled with real grout.  I cut two pieces of glass and glued them together.  The glass is not attached to the grouted tile.  It just sits on top.  That way I can use each piece separately.  

Once I finished, I decided this would be the area for all the master suites and master baths.  I will just change out furniture, change the layout, etc.  Sometimes the master bath will be a nursery.  So I started making comforters for some other bedrooms.

This is a sample.  I plan to make matching or coordinating draperies with each comforter.  Of course the decor will be different each time.  There is Kendra and her husband Nate.  I hope everything is okay with the baby.  I'm not sure this will be their comforter.  It's a little too masculine.  I will probably give it to one of my bachelors.

Hope to have the bridal suite story up by Sunday.  Have a wonderful weekend!

31 comments:

  1. Slamming honeymoon suite! Ahhhh, it looks so relaxed and so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it its awesome great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bathroom...thank you so much for the great idea- especially on the sink! Your dioramas are so inspirational and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vita Plastica - Thanks! They are about to get it on!

    Verona - Thanks! I wouldn't mind crawling in there and relaxing for the weekend.

    sheppy - Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm so glad you like the room.

    Lisa - Thanks and you're welcome. We have to thank Kenya for planting the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bridal suite is very elegant and grand. I'm sure that Rod and Daniel will create some beautiful memories there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Thanks. I'm sure you are right about the sweet memories that will be created. They may never want to leave.

      Delete
  6. Amazingly cool. I almost can't believe it is for dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duke of Swann - Thanks! Without the dolls in the picture, it does look full scale at times.

      Delete
  7. LOL! I am sitting here on the sofa next to mom and with my laptop. I was going to show her the bottle stopper in the other post but I was looking at this one first and there it was. Then I said AWWW when I saw the sink! I forgot about that. Go girl. Everything is beautiful! Mom said you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - Glad you saw this post. Tell your mom I said thanks. Make sure you show her Darius, Brad, and your doll alter ego, Halle. Don't be hating on Nikki over there. Again thanks for the idea.

      Delete
  8. Your bridal suite is wonderful! You out did yourself on that one...those little rose petals are the perfect finishing touch. The furniture, the carpet, the bedspread, the flowers...you truly have an eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie - Thanks. I am very happy the way it turned out. I wanted Danielle to feel really special considering all she went through with the wedding.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed the tour of the lovely bridal suite. I know Rod and Danielle are looking forward to spending time inside with the do not disturb sign on the door.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Glad you enjoyed the tour. After the day those two have had, I wouldn't be surprised if they just crashed and burned. I've always thought the wedding and the honeymoon night needed to be at least a day apart. Weddings are just so tiring.

      Delete
  10. Thst is one very beautiful bridal suite. Good thing the ladies decorated it and not the men. So romantic and I love the vanity set up - you are clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrickters - Thanks! If the men had done it, they may have forgotten to remove the thorns and there would probably be beer on the table instead of assorted wines.

      Delete
  11. "Tonighttttt, I celebrate my love for youuuuu." That's the song that pops in my head when I see this room. It's so sweet and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - Between you and D7ana, I have been breaking out in song lately. That's the perfect song.

      Delete
  12. That is one beautiful suite! My goodness, it looks like a real life model. Well, I will definitely be tuning in to see the newlyweds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - Thanks! Almost makes you want to get married again? Psyche! I hope Danielle is happy when she sees it.

      Delete
  13. This is a great job! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dollcollector - Thanks! Welcome to my blog.

      Delete
  14. Such a wonderful dio!! Love all the details, and the bathroom is so stylish! The shower and the sink are absolutely perfect, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Thanks. I wish my real bathroom looked like this.

      Delete
  15. Oh, the suite looks great, but guess what stays on my mind? You betcha - the grub - the groovy grapes, the watermelon, and the scones. If I were playscale, I would be tempted to tip toe there and help myself to the nibbles. The rose petals and the booze, I'll leave to the Bride and Groom.

    Those grapes look succulent. I bet they are chilled, right? Maybe dusted with a little granulated sugar ...

    Aw, I'll behave. Won't touch the tasty treats. The happy couple might need some light refreshments after their ahem exertions ;-D

    But that is one tempting plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - You missed your calling. You need to do a food blog. You would have everyone running to the refrigerator or stove trying to recreate the dish you so eloquently described.

      Delete
  16. Great job on everything Vanessa. I love the suite. It looks amazingly real. You created the perfect honeymoon suite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Thanks! Let's hope there's magic made her later when the couple arrives.

      Delete
  17. First, you deserve to take a break. Second, the suite looks great!! I love it. The bathroon is really posh too. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brini - Thanks. I wish my bathroom was that posh. I need to go see if you've blogged lately. Your blog is in a category called hidden blogs. I don't have a clue why, and can't seem to get it out of there.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...