Sunday, February 5, 2012

There's Something in the Basement for my Miniature Friends


Fashion doll people I am not getting sidetracked.  I am currently working on a couple of furniture orders and won't be back in Morristown until tomorrow.  I did manage to make the bridal shower cake last night.  It didn't come out as I planned, but I'm blaming it on the town baker.  I also decided that the flowers will be calla lilys.  I made the gift boxes for the bridal shower gifts.  I still have to wrap them in ribbon and paper.  I hope to get Julian's tux started today.  In the meantime....

This is the next thing coming out of the basement.  I have scoped out it's new home in the dining room.  I just need to find a table.  This is my all time deal of the century.  I bought it as shown.  I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.  I have always wanted to complete a miniature house.  This is my third one.  The first one I completed the porch.  The rest is still in the box in my basement closet.   The second one, I put the whole house together, but was too cheap when it came to spending all that money on lights.  It too, is in the basement.  If I have time, I may complete that one.

I considered just selling the one in the picture.  It sells at the local doll store for $1500.  But I think I have decided to move forward with getting it done.  Since my current crazy schedule takes up most of my time, I've decided to add an 8th day to my week, so that I can work on this house.  LOL!  This will be a slow project that I will use to help me wind down.  Don't worry, I probably won't be posting anything about it here.  All of those posts will be on the blog called, Miniatures at VansDollTreasure.  I'm just kidding about that.  I will not be blogging about it regularly or saying much about it.  It is just a project on my list that I would like to cross off.

14 comments:

  1. I think the house is beautiful. I would have loved seeing the inside (unfinished or not).

    One of my friends collects doll houses and has them fully decorated.

    "...to help me wind down" Is that even possible?


    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the house and I for one would be interested in your progress. I've always liked these dollhouses. I look but no buy..imagine that something I've resisted :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DBG - When I get it upstairs, I will take pics of the inside. It's a beautiful house. I have to wait for someone to stop by who can help me carry it up. My obit will read "Death by too many projects." LOL!

    Dollz4Moi - These houses have kicked my butt for many years. That is over. I am taking back my power. I will occassionally post updates on my progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Vanessa. I also would love to see the inside. Please do share your progress with it here. I often checked them out at Hobby Lobby, with hopes of purchasing one but never bit the bullet. I will live vicariously through your pics. Lol!

    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgia Girl - I think most of us doll people have dreamed of doing a miniature house. Talk about a money pit! Decorating a miniature house can run big bucks. Luckily I feel better equipped to make most of the items I need. So I am going to do it on a limited budget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I was a child I always wanted one of those dollhouses, I'm not even trying to do that now! However that house is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EbonyNicole - I so feel you. They are beautiful when they are done, but getting to that point seems impossible at times. I think I am going to focus on one room at a time. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, what can I say? You are right up my alley. The house is beautiful.
    Miniature and Fashion dolls come from a different perspective but we all end up in the same place. A little world run by little people. LOL
    Have fun!
    Miniaturist,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gwen - You are right. We do both end up in the same place.... penniless from our hobbies. LOL! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The house is very beautiful. I especially love Victorian doll houses. Looking forward to the status updates on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. limbe dolls - It will definitely be interesting to see what I've learned since trying to do one years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dollhouse is the same color. I got it from my grandmother and have no idea how much it's worth, but I have no intention of selling it. In case anybody wants to check it out, the address to my blog is; www.pollypocketlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also, those things weigh a ton! Thank goodness mine has handles, because I had to move it recently.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Johanna - Welcome to my blog. Thanks for your comments. I didnt' realize that Polly Pockets fit in the miniature houses.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...