Saturday, February 11, 2012

A New Chair and an Organizing Tip

This is the new chair I just finished.  Quite different than anything I have done in the past, but this material was calling out to me.  Who am I not to listen?  It's currently available in my Etsy store.


Halle back on the j-o-b.

With the back pillow removed, this chair can also accomodate the FR sized dolls.

Organizing Tip:
Most of us buy a lot of doll accessories and if you are anything like me, it's hard to keep track of what you have.  Lately, I have purchased a few of the Rement sets to use in my scenes.  Unfortunately, most of the stuff has just sat in their boxes unused.  Why?  Because, until now, I didn't have a great way of keeping track of the items.  They are such coveted sets.  Once I bought them, I was scared to use them for fear of losing the small pieces.  Not to mention, most of my dios are done on the fly, right before shooting.  The thought of looking through all those Rement boxes, also kept me from using them.  So I came up with the following:


I glued pictures of each of the sets onto some typing paper.  I slid that in a clear cover with binder holes.  So now when I go to do a dio, I can quickly scan the pages to see if there is something I need for the scene.  Once I finish, I now have a quick reference as to where the piece goes, so I can return it to it's proper location for future use.

I plan to put these in a 3 ring binder and have different sections.  Rement, Barbie Basics, LIV accessory sets are three sections that I came up with so far.  It's going to be nice to have a reference for the accessories.
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful chair and such a great tip! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great method for keeping track of Re-Ments!! I am going to use this - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat - Thanks.

    Tabitha - Glad you find it useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new chair! I too am going to use this tip for keeping track of Re- Ments. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip Vanessa. Thanks! I have mine in bead organizers, but this is a great idea to cut the pic off box....makes cataloging much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chair came out great! Need all the tips I can to get organized! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chynadoll - Thanks. Always glad to help.

    Georgia Girl - For most of them I used the picture from the flyer that comes inside the box. These pictures are a little bigger. I only did the back of the box for one because it didn't have any inside pics.

    Frannie - Thanks. I am always looking for ways to be more efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! Love the colorful fabric you've chosen! Nice tips too! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. That chair is beautiful!! Domonique is giving it, she's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The armchair is so cute! I love the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loretta - Thanks! That's my first time doing a black base piece. I like the look.

    Tracy - Thanks! Oh goodness. I fear you are liking Dominique a little too much.

    Rosetti - Thanks! I love interesting fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always find such interesting fabrics. The chair looks great. I jokingly call my doll room "MGM" backlot because I have so many play sets and props. You must have Universal Studios over there! Great organizing tip. I've been meaning to do something like this for my stable of "actors" and "actresses" as well. I took head shots of everyone but never got around to making a notebook even though it would make casting a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. limbe dolls - LOL! If Universal Studios is more commonly referred to as "A Mess", then I agree. I walk around the fabric stores to see what fabric is speaking to me. I was headed out the door and came back for this fabric. Once I find a way to organize my fabrics, I will be in heaven. Everything else is pretty organized.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tip. I have the pics from inside the Rement boxes now there is a place to put them. Thank you Vanessa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dollz4Moi - You're welcome. I figure if I'm struggling with it, someone else is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Problem solved! Thanks for the tip :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adrian - Isn't it a pain keeping up with those little pieces. I'm still seeking out other ways to store them, but for now this will help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this tip for organizing Rement accessories. Need to see about using it for those and for other accessories, I do ;-)

    Thanks.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - Hope this tip helps. I am constantly looking for more efficient ways to organize. My fear is always that I will never use the items I buy because they get lost in the shuffle. The biggest help with the Rement has been getting them out of all those little boxes and putting them in clear containers for easier viewing.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...