Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ni'Chalet's Grand Opening Happening This Weekend!

Just when I thought we were headed to the Bridal Shower/Bachelorette party, turns out we are headed to the Grand Opening of Ni'Chalet's, Racquel's fashion boutique.  She had a few setbacks the past couple of months and had to delay her opening.  She still has a few more things to do, but she has to get the store open before her three months of free rent expires.

She named the shop after their daughter, Nichelle, who's nickname is Shay.  She wanted an upscale sounding name to bring in more upscale customers.  She thought of a ski chalet, and decided to combine the two names; Ni'Chalet's.  She will be revamping her store sign.  She couldn't decide on the final look.



It's the end of the day. Racquel has spent the whole day putting the finishing touches on the shop.  Her husband, Terrance, was kind enough to pick up the baby from daycare, on his was from the office.


"I hope I don't forget to bring the refreshments tomorrow." (Racquel)
"Honey, how many people do you have helping you?" (Terrance)
"Well the new lady I hired will be here in the afternoon.  Faith is supposed to be helping out in the morning." (Racquel)


"I have more clothes to put out, but I don't want it to look cluttered." (Racquel)
"It looks fine just the way it is. (Terrance)


"It will be fine.  I can see that worried look on your face." (Terrance)
"I just want it to be a success.  I've been wanting to have my own shop since I was in high school." (Racquel)


"And now you do." (Terrance)


"It's not enough just to have it.  It has to be a success.  My family and friends are all watching to see if I am going to fall on my face." (Racquel)
"Now I think you are exaggerating." (Terrance)


"Shay, dd you tell your mommy how proud we are of her?" (Terrance)

 
"Honey, we are behind you 100%." (Terrance)
"I know. I know I am being a little paranoid.  I'll feel better tomorrow after day one is over." (Racquel)


"Okay, okay, Ms. Shay." (Racquel)

"Somebody needs a diaper change.  Let me go change her and get my things from the back. Then we can go."  (Racquel)


"What do you think we should do about dinner?" (Racquel)


"That reminds me, I forgot to tell you, we won the bid to build the new supermarket." (Terrance)
"Get out!  Congratulations, honey."  (Racquel)
"So I think we should go out to dinner and celebrate Ni'Chalet's and the new supermarket."  (Terrance)
"I like the way you think."  (Racquel)


The white table is only there to hold the refreshments.  Eventually there will be something else there.  Maybe a glass table to hold more product.  Did you notice the mirror on the wall?  That is the one I recently purchased from the thrift store.  Hmmm, the shelf unit is not centered.   Racquel will need to move that over and add more product there as well.


The sunglass holder needs to be painted or covered with paper. It will more than likely look just like that for the grand opening this weekend.


Hope to see all of you at the Grand Opening.  You never know who is going to show up.


Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. Terrance is so supportive and handsome. I need me one of those, in real scale!

    I love the boutique, it's beautiful. Raquel has so many great items in for sale, I really think opening night will be a success!

    You can count on me to watch the next installment/story! :)

    Great story, Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I thought I was the first oh well; I agree with Tracy where can I find a Terrance! Such a sweet and happy couple making things happen!

    Most likely I will be working this whole weekend to get Takeo and Addie show up and running! So I will come back and check out this story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy - We both need a real live supportive Terrance. I just hope it doesn't get too crazy at the boutique. Lots of people are expected to show up. Even some new ones.

    EbonyNicole - Tracy's over in CA. You never know what time she is up. I will look forward to seeing Takeo and Addie. It's been awhile since we've seen those two lovebirds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy - We both need a real live supportive Terrance. I just hope it doesn't get too crazy at the boutique. Lots of people are expected to show up. Even some new ones.

    EbonyNicole - Tracy's over in CA. You never know what time she is up. I will look forward to seeing Takeo and Addie. It's been awhile since we've seen those two lovebirds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ni'Chalet's looks very enticing. Do you think they might have a selection of apres ski wear?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrance and Racquel make such a romantic "hot" couple. You matched them up well. I love the boutique. I look forward to opening of the boutique. Oh by the way, my favorite niece is named Shay. She is the one in my second blog post.

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The store looks great; it's well stocked too. Enjoyed the dialogue... Raquel is blessed to have such a supportive (successful and handsome) husband.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ vanessa I love how you have every detail on the shop. It kinda looks like a real store i'v seen before

    ReplyDelete
  9. The store looks wonderful! Love the little details and the fullness of it all. The dialogue was great. I agree, Raquel is so blessed to have a supportive husband. They really look good together. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shop, nice contents and the couple look very nice.
    Those pilars are really awsome.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great story! The boutique is coming along very nicely. Can't wait to see who shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The decor is great. I love all the little hangers. Did mattel make those?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria - Thanks! Those pillars are from the Goodwill.

    Frannie - Thanks! There will be a couple new faces in the bouticque.

    Hey It's Muff - Thanks. I found the hangera on ebay from a seller called mingking2009.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so full of details and good taste! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Looks great. Your sets are so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Terrance Howard doll is yum-o! I would love to see him more often...LOL
    The boutique looks great love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vita Plastica - Thanks! Didn't last long. Racquel got up this morning and redid a few things in the boutique. Pics coming tomorrow when I share the video.

    mrscarissa - Isn't he a dream? Now that he has a body and she has a boutique, I imagine we will see more of them. I'm working on their bedroom, bathroom, and nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...