Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meet Debbie the Fashion Designer and Brini the Blogger

There are a couple of different Etsy shops that I buy clothes from.  Chic Barbie Designs is one of them.  A little over a month ago, I got an Etsy message from the owner, Debbie, stating that she wanted to attend the wedding.  Wedding?  What wedding?  Turns out she has been reading my blog and following the Rod and Danielle story.  So she wanted me to pick out a hot brunette to represent her and she would be sending me a dress for her to wear to the wedding.  Crazy, right?  A couple of weeks ago, she went as far as sending me a couple of fabric samples she was considering using.  I thought I would die.  "Are they too bridesmaidsy?"  she asked.  She was really starting to stress out about the dress.  That's all I needed, stressed out potential wedding guests.  LOL!  I am stressing out enough.  So I got a message a couple days ago that the satiny dress she made went awry and she had to make another dress, that was on the way.  It arrived yesterday.  So ...... I had to quickly build Debbie a studio as she is now the fashion designer in Morristown.


So meet Debbie.  At the time she requested to come to the wedding, this doll wasn't even available.  When I saw her, I thought, there's a hot brunette.  This is Barbie Basics 3.0 Model #14.

These are 3 of the outfits I bought from Chic Barbie Designs.  The animal print jacket came with a pair of black pants, that Shantavia is currently wearing. She must be out of town, because I can't find her anywhere.  I couldn't pass up that lovely knitted sweater outfit.  Nor could I pass up the cute little nautical number.  There were many more outfits that I missed out on.  Sometimes they go really fast.

I threw this studio together pretty quickly.  I will make it much nicer in the near future.  The outfits will be removed and there will only be one dressform in the studio.  I will also look for a bigger, nicer sewing machine.

Here Debbie is testing out the seating comfort of the dress.  This is very important at a wedding.  The dress came with the cute purse and necklace.

So check out Debbie's, Etsy Shop, Chic Barbie Designs.

By the way, Danielle told me to tell everyone, the guest list is now closed.

Did you hear the news?  Brini just started a new blog this month and it's wonderful.  She is telling stories from a unique perspective.  It is quite evident that she has a talent for telling stories.  I actually felt like I was right there with her characters.  You can check her blog out here.
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. Debbie had a great idea, a shame Spain is too far for another wedding guest hehehe. Love Debbie dollie, her dress and the designer's studio you made for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosetti - Thanks. That does remind me that Danielle and Rod need to get their guest list done so they can book the reception place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea. I wanted to find a doll to cast as myself to use for narration stuff but it's hard to find a match. I might have to work on that, make her the face of Vita Plastica... I love the studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vita Plastica - I love how Brini narrates her blog. Nice and unique. This studio will get some major work done, but I just needed to put something together quick. Danielle will need to stop by and get Julian's measurements taken so Debbie (i.e. ME) can make him something for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome Vanessa! You have the best followers. :) I'll save Chic Barbie Designs as a Fav on my Etsy account. Her work is just beautiful!

    Love what you put together for Debbie's design room. Your town has definitely come together. Morristown has a go to designer and Raquel possibly has a connect to sell original designs in her lovely boutique.

    Welcome Brini!! I'm now following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy - I do have the best followers! Racquel's shop is going through a redesign. When she saw the Bridal Boutique, she decided she wanted more space. She may be stuck because real estate is hard to come by these days. Debbie may also be charged with the new kid's line. I really don't know how I am going to get all of this done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I had to pick a doll to portray myself, I think it would have to be the Grandma from the Happy Family Set. I know I have her somewhere. LOL
    Love the studio! I see No. 14 is now Debbie, the fashion designer. As a matter of fact, I saw today (in Shopper's World), Barbie as a Fashion Designer Career of the Year for 2012. (Haven't seen this doll anywhere else but in this store).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frannie - I am still waiting to get my Happy Family grandma in the stories. Harley Davidson Ken is one of her sons. Too many families over here. I just looked up the 2012 fashion designer Barbie. They didn't show too many accessories, so I don't see that I will be buying her. Have you see the Paleonotologist (sp?) Barbie? They have some good ones coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vanessa you are the best! Thanks for the shout out! I love BB 3.0/#14. She sent me an email and told me she is ready to come home. I tell you, the dolls do take over! She will be arriving soon enough. She is going to be Vanessa BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brini - You're welcome. I'm just glad I found it before I got too far behind. Very strange for me to find it from In The Pink. I only go there a couple times a year. LOL! #14 looks really nice in person. I was surprised how much I liked her when I saw her in person. I can't wait to get #8. That doll is gorgeous. I am amazed at how many times I can fall in love with the Mbili mold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie is beautiful in that dress. You made a great choice. The sewing studio looks great! You certainly pulled things together nicely. It certainly would be unique for your followers to attend the wedding :) Can you imagine 153 members represented at the wedding? Well, It's good that Danielle closed the guest list. I'm going to check out Chic Barbie
    Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vals Joy - I wanted to use this doll but wasn't sure she was going to work with whatever dress showed up. Worked out great. Trying to build a church to hold all the followers and the Morristown guest would be difficult. Luckily, it will be a nice small wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie is gorgeous and talented :) Love all her designs, especially the blue blazer and white pant set. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how the wedding is going man I wish I could be in the wedding it looks so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adrian - I love this doll. But then again I love all of the BB 3.0except two of them. I am very happy that I found her store. I really hate when I miss out on something that I really want, because sometimes it is 'one and done'.

    JessikaJ - Welcome to my blog. I wish you all were attending the wedding. That way I would delegate some of the wedding duties to the guests. LOL! After this wedding I am going to squeeze myself into my Barbie plane and fly away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello from spain, I already follow Brini´s blog for a while I saw that she was a follower of yours. Already had reached dam Brini thanks to you. What a joy it the follower os your blog that your send the clothes for a Barbie goes on your behalf to the wedding. It´s great. I love everything about your blog. Indeed, the dress looks very nice and first very well to the guest. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marta - I did see that a number of people had found her, which is great. I must say I have had wonderful gifts sent to me by followers. I really hope that they know how appreciative I am! I've always had trouble accepting gifts, because I was always the giver. But I know now that accepting the gifts in the spirit that they are given is the best gift that I can give in return.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...