Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let's Start 2012 Off Right

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Since it is a new year, I thought we would start the year off with a few changes.  New families, new hair, new eyes, new lips, new pictures, etc.  Yesterday was a marathon day that started at 7am with me washing, conditioning, boiling and styling hair for about 10 dolls as everyone was getting prepared for the New Year's party (no pictures of the new hair are included).  I then decided I didn't want to shoot the next video with side glancing and otherwise wonky-eyed dolls.  So repainting was the next task on the list.  So just about every adult doll with crazy eyes, now has new eyes.  I had a few dolls in the sell pile that now have makeovers, and they are staying in Morristown.  New bodies arrived just in the nick of time for two new men to join the ladies at the New Year's party.  Last, but not least, I was inspired (at 3:45am) to scope out and set up a new photo taking area.  It didn't make sense to do all that work making over the dolls and then have totally crummy pictures.  I found a great area, but I still have to tweak the lighting, etc.  For now, it will suffice.


Good lawd!  There ought to be a law against action figures that look this good.  Racquel's husband is now on his permanent body and happy to be here.  Doesn't she look happy?  Trust me.  We are all very happy to have him on the scene.


The other man who joined his family is Sam. (He reminds me of Samuel Jackson).  He got a lip and eye repaint job upon arrival to make him look a little less mean.  Remember Jacquelyn and Robin from the bridal boutique?  This is the family, without the grandkids.  The three daughters are Chandra, Tanisha (the youngest) and Robin (the oldest).  Chandra  and Tanisha both received eye repaints.

Just a reminder of the previous side glancing eyes.


This is Luminescence Adele. She is one of the original Jason Wu Adeles.  She is Barbie sized, not tall like the current Adele dolls.  She is on one of those strange bodies where the legs are articulated, but the arms are not. This is not my picture.  This doll is listed on ebay for a really good starting bid.  Click the picture to see the listing.


This is my doll. I bought her in her original condition, nude, about six years ago.  I paid $35 for her and she just sat on the shelf undressed for years.  She was sitting in the sell pile because I wasn't bonding with her.  A couple days ago, I decided to take her hair down and try to find her a new body.  The older Jason Wu dolls, like Janays, are extremely hard to rebody.  Their heads do not fit on the current bodies too well.  Rebodying this doll proved to be challenging.  She started with a new Pop Life body.  She was pretty happy with it, but she quickly lost it to Top Model Nikki.  I remembered from my recent body comparison post that the Pop Life bodies are really tall.  Nikki would have no problem sporting that body with her handsomly tall man, Darius.

So, "Linda" is temporarily on a gymnast body.  She received an eye repaint  to get rid of her little beady eyes.  She is a single mom of two little girls... 

...and the older sister to Adele.  Even though she is the older sister, Adele seems to have it a little more together. 

This is Marisa, Pretty Young Thing.  This is not my picture.  This is an ebay listing for $18.  I've had this doll ever since she came out.  I never really liked the one I had.  I think she had  a bad facial screening.  The one here even looks better than the one I had.  Mine was sitting in the sell pile.


Yesterday, I played around with her a little.  I gave her a new body and a new lip color.  I think the lip color is too strong for an every day look, so I will be changing it to something else.  I at least like her now, and she can stay in town.  She is pictured with her brother Pierre.  Pierre got a haircut and new eyes, too.

This is Pierre before. 
A few more ladies received eye repaints.  Two of the three Trichelle dolls I have, AA Pop Life and  Rod's, ex-wife Melanie all got new eyes.  Melanie is not pictured because she is out looking for a new body.

We will end this post the way we began, because this brother deserves more camera time.

Again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

  1. Happy New year Vanessa! All your dolls look great. i spent the entire day and night setting up my dolls new years eve party and taking picures of it to boot! I had alot of fun ringing in the new year with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. william - Happy New Year! Sounds like you guys had a good time. I was totally wiped out after all the doll stuff and I was sleep by 8pm. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy woman, but I love the results. When I grow up, I want to be as creative as you. I'd love to learn to do makeovers. Maybe this year I'll test the waters on thrift store dolls.

    I agree with your assessment of Raquel's husband. He is one fione-looking specimen of a man/action figure. Which body did you use for him?

    Your Sam is my Djimon Hounsou. I initially paired him with one of my Mixis doll, Emerald. After My KLS Barbie arrived, he and Emerald parted ways briefly, but they are back together now. He loves Asian women and actually is a dead ringer for the ream Djimon in appearance to me.

    Happy New Year!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  4. ream = real

    too early, no coffee, early-morning bleary eyes

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo hoo! Love the makeovers! Everyone looks fab. Those creative juices were in overdrive! I love it!!! Yes Raquel's husband is very fine indeed!!! Happy New Year :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI VAnessa, i love your job. your News boys are fantastics and i like ver y much your SHellys. Rachels, husband has to be happy, hin wife is wonderful. We keep in touch and happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok this has to stop..you're doing it again. Now I have to dig my stuff out and give some long overdue makeovers..LOL.

    Seriously you do fabulous things and you're starting the new year with a bang already.

    I want to know which body you gave Racquel's husband too? I'm on the hunt for a body for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DBG - You are so right about Djimon Hounson. I totally forgot about him. I bought 2 of him and used the extra body for Terrance look-a-like. I had to do a little fanagling and the color isn't a great match, but I needed the height. I will take care of the color problem when I finally turn on my airbrush. I at least put it where I can see it every day. Now to plug it in. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. carmen - Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chynadoll - Thanks! After so many years of china painting porcelain dolls, I try to stay away from painting for fear of getting unfocused and going back to making dolls, or even worse, getting into repaints. As you can see I tend to be all over the place, and I need all the help I can get staying focused. But this was a necessity. Those eyes were driving me crazy. I have at least committed to not selling a doll just because she has a bad paint job. Happy New Year to you and your dear Hampton!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marta - Thanks! Yes her husband is very happy too. They are definitely a very nice couple. I can't wait to do some stories with their little family.

    Dollz4Moi - Thanks. Those changes were long overdue. I didn't want to take that project into 2012. I have enough lined up to do already. I put Terrance look-a-like (I will be naming him soon) on the AA Triad body. The color is off, but I needed the height. I will fix the color later. That is the tallest action figure body that I know of. Racquel is on a taller than normal body. I tried him with a light skinned body and it was waaayyyy off. The darker body was much better. Happy New Year and happy digging through your stuff. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your new fella is gorgeous! I'm a lil' jealous. ;) I can' wait to see the stories you put into motion with the new families. 2012 is going to be a fantastic dolly year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cat - Every time I come across his picture, I go into, "good lawd" mode. The first night his body arrived I put him together and sat him on the pillow next to me. Waking up and seeing him was quite a treat. I let him go back to the studio with his wife and daughter. He will definitely be in the 2012 stories. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Vanessa, I got lost somewhere in between, I think Adele...you know me bubble-headed, lol. But, that chick has some beautiful pouty lips! Love it! And that guy is ...wow! You need to quit girl! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vanessa, Love your repaints! I just envy your energy! Looking forward to seeing these dolls in your videos!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loretta - LOL! Yes Luminescense Adele has one of a kind lips. Since I don't have a man like James pampering me, I have to get my fix through my 1/6 scale men. Now if I could only wave my wand and make him real.

    Frannie - Thanks. There is something to be said for us insomniacs. I am like the energizer bunny sometimes. I needed to take all the pressure off of Darius and add another cutie pie. Next video should be up by Tuesday. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's his name!? Did I miss it? I think the grass is greener on the goatee side! Considering Darius can't grow hair on his face, I have a new crush!!! I showed my mom your blog last night and read some of them. She loved it said how creative you were. We didn't do any videos but she said how real everything look, salon, girl getting shampooed, bridal shop etc. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year Vanessa!

    Wow, I just remembered that you can paint too and your porcelain dolls were adorable. love Chandra's new look. Love the new additions. You had some nice dolls in the for sale pile. That is great that you were able to get a match for Luminescence Adele. You are such a busy woman. I need your energy . Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these makeovers. I only have 3 dolls with the side eye, but since I've been known to give people a side eye look or two, I decided to keep their eyes that way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kenya - Most of my followers know I was concerned that Halle Berry would try to get with this man when he arrived in town. So I made Halle good friends with his wife, Racquel, to keep that from happening. Here you are in true Halle Berry form, hopping from Darius to Mr. Goatee. WOW! I should have known. That's so sweet that you shared it with your mom. Tell her I said hello and thanks for looking. The new guy doesn't have a name yet. Still working on it.

    Georgia Girl - Happy New Year! Thanks. I am a lot happier with all the new eyes. It makes such a difference when shooting videos. Lumi Adele may get her own Pop Life body in the future. She looked really good on that body. I am thinking about selling "energy" in my Etsy store. LOL!

    Hey It's Muff - Thanks. I actually like the side glance for certain photo shoots, but for videos, it is a real problem. For the SIS ladies, the side glance is pretty extreme and hard to shoot around.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You and Chynadoll may just inspire me to try re-painting. Raquel's husband is a dream! Having a designated photography studio space helps a lot. The best place to set one up is by a south facing window. That way you get good natural light most of the day which is very helpful if your shoot takes several hours because you have to change a lot of clothes or set up intricate scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. He is delicious!
    I need some Stacie sized clothes and sock sweaters. You up for the challange? :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. limbe dolls - I say go for it! There is power in being able to make even little changes. Yes my little photo setup has come in handy. Unfortunately, I don't have any South facing windows in my house. Thanks for the tip though. Racquel has been in heaven the past couple of days.

    mrscarissa - I've actually made Stacie and Todd sized clothes. The sweaters would be easy too. BUT, my project "to do" list is a tad long at the moment. But you never know, I may wake up one day and just make some things. Do you have the old Stacie or the new Stacie?

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG, you really started the new year with a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rosetti - LOL! I wanted to give everyone something to look forward to with the new characters and new looks. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have the old stacie. Well let me know because she needs some new clothes.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...