Friday, January 27, 2012

I Didn't Even Know She Was Teen Skipper

I bought this doll about 8 yrs ago from the Goodwill.  I think she was dressed in an old style dress.  I never realized, until a couple of months ago, that she is a  Teen Skipper doll.  In my mind, she was an older lady that I intended to use as a grandmother.  Amazing how our eyes and mind can play tricks on us.  I realized that she was a Teen Skipper when I was perusing someone's Flickr photos.  I thought I saw that she was Babysitter Teen Skipper, that came with three babies, on Debbie of Black Doll Collecting site, but I searched high and low and can't find that post.  At the time when these Teen Skippers were out, I was on a doll break and not really involved with them at all.  So I missed out.

So this is, I believe, Babysitter AA Teen Skipper.

She is a great candidate for any of those Model Muse pants, that don't fit too many dolls.  I love this doll now.  How can I look at her over an 8 yr period and see an old lady? Very perplexing.

I had to show my Kwanzaa doll again.  I am sooo in love with this doll.  I'm not sure if I told you guys I finally named her India.  Why, you ask?  Because she is a hairdresser and whenever I think of doll hair I think of our blogger friend Tracy India of Dolls and the City.  I always look to see what Tracy is going to do to her dolls' hair.  Ever since I deboxed this doll a couple of weeks ago, I have  been oohing and ahhing.  For the past 8+ years, I have seen her pretty regularly in the basement.  I had the boxed dolls on display so that I could see them all.  In her box, this doll was just so-so to me.  I could take her or leave her.  So now I am asking myself, how can you possibly be so in love with this doll?  Of course now, I have scouring the faces of all the dolls that are still boxed and wondering, who will be my next big surprise.  I am also questioning how many times I am looking at other things/people and not seeing/appreciating them for what/who they really are.

I did get a little surprise today when I deboxed my 'NSync doll.  The doll is not only articulated, but it is a dancing doll.  It has a very small (unobtrusive) lever in the back that makes her move.  She has a twist and turn waist.  There is some kind of mechanism inside her shoulder area that enables her to do actual NSync moves.  You will soon see who inherited this body. 

10 comments:

  1. Your doll is Cool Sitter Teen Skipper; she did come with three babies. I posted a link to her image in a comment on my blog about my Skipper collection.

    Image link

    It's great to know she can wear the ModelMuse fashions.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vanessa, I can see why you love this doll...she is beautiful! Love love her hair...Hope you have a wonderful weekend! {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. DBG - Thanks! I thought I was going crazy.

    Loretta - She does have wonderful hair. Enjoy your PBS this weekend. LOL! Don't cause anymore trouble over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How were the legs on your nsync dolls? I found three in a bag of barbies from a yard sale and all three had really nasty sticky legs so I donated them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Lola - The legs were perfect. Nothing was wrong with the doll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a couple of those NSync dolls. The lever in the back is for the sign the doll holds. They are NSync fans and there are posters that they hold. The arms go straight up in the air, they "hold" the sign and wave them like fans do in a crowd.

    I kept the t-shirts and hats. They dolls left years ago. I do want to see who got the body though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Teen Skipper! And articulated arms are a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty dolls! I have the teen baby sitter. Now Vanessa, how in the world did you think old lady when looking at this cute little face? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with the above comment - she's a adorable, and it's difficult to see an old lady in her! :D What a great find though! I haven't had the much luck in the Goodwill stores I've visited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dollz4Moi - Thanks for the sign info. The box states that you can make the doll dance, so I never even thought about the signs. Especially when I saw that the arms can sort of do one of the signature moves from the video. I don't have many bodies that twist at the waist, so I was happy to see that.

    Frannie - When I bought her, articulated dolls were showing up quite often at the Goodwills. I was buying every one that I could find.

    Georgia Girl - I now ask myself that same question. But with the dress she had on, and my mind believing she was an old lady, I kept that thought going for years. Unbelievable!

    Dolly's World - I have scored some major finds at the Goodwill and other thrifts stores over the years.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...